Fiber laser marking and engraving
Marking and engraving with fiber laser is technically defined as the process of localized thermal heating, obtained through the use of an amplified light beam capable of altering the chromatic state of the surface it affects.
In the industrial field, laser marking is one of the most versatile and ductile processes ever. By blackening the product, an indelible and permanent mark is created, making laser marking an excellent solution for product characterization and identification.
This technology can perfectly replace less effective and durable techniques (screen printing, pad printing, hot stamping), as well as systems capable of creating unwanted engravings on details such as micro-percussion marking or punching.
Laser marking also allows for targeted paint and chrome removal on metals and polymers.
Laser Engraving allows to perform superficial and deep engravings, texturing of surfaces, engravings on moulds, punches, and the realization of 3D engravings also of trademarks, logos or other technical or traceability information of the product itself (e.g. manufacturing date, bar code, QR Code).
By modifying the setup in terms of power, frequency, focus, the light beam can become a decorative tool capable of changing the color of the metal (black, red, blue, yellow, green) in correspondence of the affected area.
With Laser Cutting of thin metals such as brass and steel, small decorative or identification objects of very high quality and precision are made.
All techniques of utilizing laser technology can be combined and exploited together.
Additional advantages provided by our laser technology are:
- greatest working versatility and flexibility thanks to a laser source with a Galvo head which, by installing a dynamic Z-axis, is able to work in 3 dimensions;
- extremely high definition and accurate writing, due to the small size of the writing spot of the beam (a few hundredths of a millimeter) controlled by a CNC machine;
- laser marking’s perfectly neat writing provides extremely good legibility;
- the Galvo scan head (mirrors) makes writing extremely quick;
- consistent quality and repeatability are possible thanks to completely computerized process;
- a very wide range of materials may be processed, regardless of chemical composition, hardness, shape and colour;
- the surface not affected by the light beam is left completely intact as there is no contact between the piece and the marking system. This offers makes it possible to mark otherwise not easily accessible areas;
- surfaces are physically changed, providing resistance to wear, heat and acid. Laser writing is permanent and can only be undone by complete removal from the surface;
- the system has no substantial environmental impact and is extremely eco-friendly.